I am obsessed with tzatziki sauce. It’s gotten to the point where I will actually plan entire meals around it. Mmmm. Delicious tzatziki sauce… and whatever I’ve drowned in it.
This recipe was super easy and turned out finger-lickin’ delicious.
1 lb. to 1 1/2 lbs. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 onion, diced
4 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon oregano
1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup white wine
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt and pepper
1. Throw all of the ingredients into the Crock-Pot, mixing so the seasoning is evenly coating the chicken.
2. Cook on low for about 8 hours, or until the chicken is tender and falls apart easily when you touch it with a fork.
3. Remove chicken from the slow cooker and shred it on a plate using two forks. Put the chicken back in the cooker with the juices and leave on warm until you are ready to eat.
4. About 1-2 hours before you eat, make the tzatziki sauce and refrigerate to let the flavors mingle. This has been my go-to recipe lately; it is so tasty, especially when you make it with white wine vinegar.
5. Spoon chicken and tzatziki sauce onto warm pita bread and serve with tomato, lettuce and feta (I like it with hot sauce as well).